Friday, September 2, 2011

The Monkey Tail

Hi Everybody,

this week I put a special fundraising challenge out to all of my colleagues, so I thought I would share it here. I began by appealing to everyone's altruistic nature, much like in the last blog entry. Though this can be effective, I figure that offering to humiliate myself for a good cause may push the needle with a little more vigor.

To make things a little more interesting, if we can hit our goal by next Friday, 9/9/11, I will humiliate myself for your enjoyment. I will shave the full and fantastic "beard of Dan" into a cute and fluffy monkey tail. I will wear the tail around the office all day, and will be available for photos if you want your picture taken with it. These pics will inevitably end up on Facebook and on this blog for all to enjoy.
not me, btw
Monkey tails aside, training is going really well. Both Sarah and I are doing things we hadn't thought possible. Sarah is up to 8 miles and I have reached 16! The race is only 6 weeks away, so it's time to kick our training into high gear. Next week Sarah will be running 10 miles, which is very exciting. Hard to believe that she is able to do this only two years after treatment. We are all very excited and very proud of her.

Until next time...

Thanks for all the love and support,

Dan, Sarah, and Marek





No comments: